Friday, October 11, 2013

On Having a House Sailor (A Hoedown)



For those of you who have never seen Whose Line is it Anyway, or need a refresher course, please consult THIS link for the cadence of the hoedown.

When I was a House Elf, things were really nice
Rachel had good dishes, sharp knives and clean ice
I didn’t understand how great it was up there
Now down here in Clemson, I’m pulling out my hair

Our kitchen here in Clemson, in comparison is lacking
We’re missing lots of cookware and the counter top is cracking
Once I flooded the whole thing, it was really urgent
Where I should have put Finish®, I put laundry detergent

Well, as you know, Rachel came to see me
She said she’d be domestic, that would really please me
Little did she know, we live in the Dark Ages
Cooking here requires the wands of three Arch Mages

Impressively, though, she pulled it all off!
Chicken sliders, crescent rolls, and cold beer to quaff!
It was so delicious, but there was one mistake
We learned that candy corn does not like to bake

So far, so good on having a House Sailor
It’s been so much fun, I’ve needed an inhaler!
We’ve seen movies, we’ve gone rowing, and won trivia
In one month, our team has earned more than Bolivia

Tonight, what joy, Rachel’s brother will arrive!
Little does he know how she and I connive!
He’s bringing a lady friend, her first time in Clemson
She seems really nice, but can she out-drink an Ensign?

Only time will tell how this will all turn out
The football game, I do proclaim, should be a rout
But there is one thing that I will say for sure
Introducing novice and girlfriends, just like this line, can at times be awkward

The moral of the story is House Sailors are great
They cook for you, are tons of fun, and know how to date
There is one secret, but I’ll say it to myself
Having a House Sailor beats being a House Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment